We enroll children at Desert Garden Montessori based on the Application process and in a non-discriminatory manner. Desert Garden Montessori reserves the right to place a child in a classroom according to age, gender and learning needs. Students will be considered based upon available class space at the time of application.
Desert Garden Montessori admits students on a non-discriminatory basis and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws. It is our policy not to discriminate based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies equally to employees, applicants for employment, contractors, guests, and enrolled and prospective students and their parents.
We accept children from six weeks of age through high school.
In keeping with the Montessori philosophy, the vision of Desert Garden Montessori School and our desire to help families find the best School placement for their child(ren), the Application procedure consists of the following:
- Parent(s) must complete a tour of Desert Garden Montessori before an application will be distributed. Parents may schedule a tour via email, the internet, telephone or in person.
- Upon completion of a tour, parents receive an email with instructions and a link to our online Application.
- Parents of Elementary, Middle School, and High School applicants must complete a Records Release Authorization form so that records from previous schools can be sent to the School. This includes report cards and standardized testing results. If applicable, this may also include special education information such as test results, screenings, educational/psychological evaluations, IEPs, ILPs, 504s and behavior plans.
- Parents complete the Application online and submit with the $75.00 application fee (per child).
- Applications will be processed in the order received. DGM will contact parents to schedule an interview day and time that includes the parents of the applicant. The Admissions Interview is designed to answer parent questions and to ensure that Desert Garden is a good fit for the child.
- Applicants for the Primary program (3-6 years old) will have an opportunity to visit a classroom with a Montessori lead teacher for observation. Primary classroom visits are scheduled for an hour during the morning work cycle.
- Applicants for Lower Elementary, Upper Elementary, Middle School and High School visit the classroom for 2 days for observation, assessment and to experience the classroom and community.
- After the Classroom Visit, a follow-up meeting may be scheduled to review and gather additional information.
- Parents will receive email notification regarding the status of the Application.
- Parents of accepted applicants receive an acceptance letter with a link to our online Enrollment Contract.
- Enrollment is complete only upon receipt of the Enrollment Contract and payment of the enrollment fee.
- Parent/Teacher orientations and/or Meet the Teacher evenings are held before the student’s first day of school.
New Student Application Fee (per student) = $75.00. This is a non-refundable fee due at the time of Application.
Enrollment Fee (per student) = $575.00 (maximum of $1,150 per family). This is an annual non-refundable Enrollment Fee due at the time of Enrollment.