We enroll children at Desert Garden Montessori based on the Application process and in a non-discriminatory manner. Desert Garden Montessori reserves the right to place a child in a classroom according to age, gender and learning needs. Students will be considered based upon available class space at the time of application.
Desert Garden Montessori admits students on a non-discriminatory basis and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws. It is our policy not to discriminate based on an individual’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. This policy applies equally to employees, applicants for employment, contractors, guests, and enrolled and prospective students and their parents.
We accept children from six weeks of age through high school age.
In keeping with the Montessori philosophy, the vision of Desert Garden Montessori School and our desire to help families find the best School placement for their child(ren), the Application procedure consists of the following:
- Parent(s) must complete a tour of Desert Garden Montessori before an application will be distributed. Parents may schedule a tour via email, the internet, telephone or in person.
- Upon completion of a tour, parents receive an email with instructions and a link to our online Application.
- Parents of Elementary, Middle School, and High School applicants must complete a release form so that records from previous schools / day cares can be sent to the School. This includes report cards and standardized testing results. If applicable, this may also include special education information which consists of test results, screenings, educational psychological evaluations, IEP, ILP, 504 and behavior plans, etc..
- Parents fill out the Application online and submit with the $75.00 Application fee (per child) and additional paperwork as soon as possible as openings are limited.
- Applications will be processed in the order received. DGM will call to schedule an interview day and time.
- An enrollment Interview will be schedule that will include the Mother, Father and Child (*all must be present).*Does not apply to Infant and Toddler program.
- The enrollment interview will include dialogue about the Application, Montessori philosophy and future educational goals.
- During the Interview the child will have an opportunity to visit within a classroom with a Montessori lead teacher for observation. (Does not apply to Infant and Toddler Programs).
- Upon receipt of the Application, forms, and the Interview, the Admissions team will contact parents regarding the status of the application.
- Parents receive an acceptance letter with a link to complete our online Enrollment Form.
- Enrollment is complete only upon receipt of the enrollment form and enrollment fee.
New Student Application Fee (per student) = $75.00. This is a non-refundable fee due at the time of Application that is payable by check only.
Enrollment Fee (per student) = $550.00. This is an annual non-refundable Enrollment Fee due at the time of Enrollment that is payable by check or credit card only.